December 10, 2013

All Things Merry and Bright

Simple things you can do to make your home merry and bright this holiday season. Like this hot chocolate station. I have a jar of candy canes in a glass hurricane on my kitchen counter for anyone to grab for a quick treat or to use as a stirrer for just about any drink you can think of. Check out this easy recipe for hot chocolate here. (Great gift idea: Set of mugs, homemade hot chocolate mix, cellophane bags each filled with candy canes, mini marshmallows, chocolate kisses, and/or sprinkles.)

Snow globe tutorial can be found over at Pink Pistachio. You don't even need electric lights. Place a grouping on a table with candles and watch the magic happen. I use kosher salt sprinkled or mixed with white glitter for my snow.

Homemade edible glitter. Use it to top cupcakes or sprinkle it around a cheese platter.

What's Christmas without cookies? These adorable gingerbread men are even gluten-free. Find the recipe on All Day I Dream About Food.

Don't forget to deck out your car when you're decking the halls. I have a wreath with a pretty red bow on my bumper.

Homemade ornaments. These lovely trees are easily made from copies of sheet music (tea-dyed if you'd like) cut into tree shapes and painted with glittery edges. Top with a pretty bow and you're done. Makes a great gift tag too!

Movie night...and make mine a classic. I know it's long, but how can you not watch It's a Wonderful Life at Christmastime? Throw in a bowl of popcorn, turn on the Christmas lights and I'm there.
  
Images not credited via houzz.comjohnlewis.com, its a stamp thing
Tags: holidays, Christmas, tradition

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Love all of your idea here.

Tess said...

Great and fun ideas. Thank you