August 20, 2014

Chocolate!

I think I may have mentioned the copious amounts of sugar I consumed while I was on the Cape. Thanks in part to the delicious goodies found at two of my favorite places to treat myself, I was able to keep myself from a sugar coma only by a slim margin. A trip to the Chatham Candy Manor is a must. These hand-made chocolates are the best that I've found on the lower Cape. I prefer milk chocolate bark with pecans, David likes their peanut butter cups and the chocolate-covered cookie dough bites (so does Amanda), and Kate indulges in mini M&M chocolate-covered pretzels. We were barely out the door before we broke into our own signature pink boxes.

Next stop, Hot Chocolate Sparrow. Actually, this was probably one of our first stops. Within 48 hours, we're either at Sparrow or Cobies for some ice cream. I've tasted a few things over the years, but I get a frozen hot chocolate every time I go. And I would choose this over ice cream any day!

The head chefs from Serendipity in NYC shared their secret Frozen Hot Chocolate recipe, so I thought I'd share it with you. I've never tried it. I'm willing to wait for June to roll around again and savor my first sip.

Frozen Hot Chocolate

1 cup of milk
3 cups of ice
1/3 cup of evaporated instant dry milk
1/3 cup of granulated sugar
4 tablespoons of a variety of the finest cocoas of your choice

1. Mix dry ingredients together
2. In a blender (in this order) add milk, dry mix and ice
3. Blend for 20-30 seconds until you achieve a smooth daiquiri-like texture
4. Pour into a large glass, top with whipped cream and shaved chocolate (optional)

Enjoy!

0 comments: