March 23, 2015

Beauty Rituals... How Far Would You Go?

In my teens and twenties, I woke up early to style my hair and make up my face. When I became a mother, I was happy if my hair was washed and I was able to apply a little lipstick. I certainly made more of an effort if I was going out, but my hairstyle got simpler, my make-up routine, more efficient. These days, I'm somewhere in between.

So, are you a slave to your beauty routine? Do you love the process and the products? Just how far would you go? Check out these tricks from these famed Hollywood beauties...

Marilyn Monroe - "To make her lips appear fuller, Monroe would have her makeup artist apply 5 different shades of lipstick and gloss to create dimension. Darker reds went on the outer corners, while lighter hues were brushed on the middle of the lips."

Elizabeth Taylor - "Liz Taylor took a page out of Cleopatra's book, as both women made a habit of shaving their face. It may sound funny, but it removes the fine baby hairs and the surface layer of skin cells, which gives the skin a facial-like glow."

Audrey Hepburn - "The secret to Hepburn's long, Bambi lashes? After applying mascara, she'd use a pin to separate each individual lash. Now that's how you get clump-free lashes."

Marlene Dietrich - "The German-American had plenty of tricks up her sleeve, but she was most notorious for having her molars removed to further accentuate her cheekbones and using surgical tape to give herself a temporary face lift. Whoa."

Sophia Loren - "Loren followed a Mediterranean diet religiously, which meant she always had a bottle of olive oil at arm's length. She kept her skin soft and luminous by soaking in a hot bath with a few splashes of oil."

Are you game?

0 comments: