May 15, 2015

Have a Wonderful Weekend

Last weekend was wonderful! Once we picked Kate up from school, the girls were already goofing around and everything seemed right with the world once again. Then I had a lovely Mother's Day. They showered me with THE best homemade cards and gifts from the heart. They took me out for breakfast and ice cream, and we played board games and talked the day away. I definitely would have hit repeat on the day all week long if I could have. The good times continued when Amanda won back-to-back lacrosse games on Wednesday and Thursday. And as we were leaving last night's game, I was talking to a friend who's daughter is Amanda's friend. She also has a sister who she's very close to. The two sets of sisters were walking in front of us back to the car and we both looked at each other and smiled. It really doesn't get any better than that.

Unfortunately, this weekend is not going to start off as well. I'm heading to a wake shortly for my uncle. His death is not sudden, but since I just lost an aunt a few weeks ago, it's unsettling. Tomorrow is Children and the Arts day, but the weather doesn't look like it's going to cooperate, which is too bad because a lot of people work very hard to make this day happen each year. We hope to attend at least part of it. Then we're heading to a friends' home for dinner that evening. So although today is a sad occasion, I'll be surrounded by family and friends all weekend. I'll take it.

I hope your weekend is filled with good things. Here are some links you may enjoy.

9 photography tips experts want you to know.

50 gardening tips, and 12 facts about one of my favorite flowers.

Pitch Perfect 2 opens today! Yes, we're going to see it. (One of my guilty pleasures.)

The World food delivers right to your door.

Great pop-up: Ikea's bed and breakfast café in East London.

If you love the decorating show Fixer Upper, you'll want to know that you'll be able to buy Magnolia Home furniture soon!

0 comments: